The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization that works towards the improvement of public education in Texas. Founded in 2017, it is located in Austin, Texas, and is named after Charles Butt’s mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt. Charles Butt is the Chairman and CEO of H-E-B, one of the largest grocery chains in the United States, and a philanthropist who has contributed millions of dollars to education in Texas.
The Holdsworth Center’s primary mission is to support and develop school leaders so that they can create and maintain a positive impact on the educational system in Texas. The organization works with school districts and campuses to identify and develop effective leadership practices that will help improve student outcomes. Its core program, the Holdsworth Partnership, is a 5-year leadership development program designed for public school leaders, including superintendents, principals, and executive teams. Find out this here
The Holdsworth Center’s campus is located on a beautiful 44-acre property in Austin, Texas. The campus includes a main building that houses offices, meeting rooms, and conference rooms, as well as several outdoor spaces for recreation and reflection. The organization’s facilities are state-of-the-art and designed to promote collaboration, innovation, and creativity among the educators who participate in its programs.
The Holdsworth Center’s programs are built around a set of core beliefs and principles, including the importance of effective leadership, collaboration, and a commitment to continuous improvement. The organization believes that strong, effective leadership is essential to creating a positive learning environment and that collaboration and teamwork are critical to achieving long-term success.
The Holdsworth Partnership is the centerpiece of the organization’s work. It is a multi-year program designed to help school leaders build the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need to be successful. The program includes a variety of training and development opportunities, including workshops, coaching, and mentoring. Participants also have the opportunity to engage with other school leaders and experts in the field and to participate in collaborative projects that address real-world challenges facing public schools.
In addition to the Holdsworth Partnership, the organization offers several other programs and initiatives aimed at improving public education in Texas. These include the Holdsworth Alumni Network, which connects graduates of the Partnership program to each other and to other educators in Texas, and the Holdsworth Leadership Studio, a space where educators can gather to share ideas and collaborate on projects. Linked here
The Holdsworth Center’s impact on education in Texas has been significant. Since its founding in 2017, the organization has worked with more than 50 school districts and over 300 campus leaders, reaching more than 1.5 million students across the state. Its programs have been recognized for their effectiveness, and the organization has received numerous awards and accolades for its work.
What Services Do They Offer?
The Holdsworth Center offers a range of services to help improve leadership in Texas public schools. These services include:
- Partnership Programs: The Holdsworth Center partners with public school districts across Texas to provide long-term, intensive leadership development programs. These programs are customized to meet the needs of each district and can last up to five years. Participants receive personalized coaching and attend workshops, conferences, and other events to develop their leadership skills.
- Leadership Studio: The Leadership Studio is a professional development program that provides training to principals, assistant principals, and other school leaders. The program focuses on developing leadership skills that are essential for success in a school environment. Participants learn about topics such as communication, problem-solving, and effective decision-making.
- Learning Library: The Learning Library is an online resource that provides access to articles, videos, and other materials related to leadership development. The materials are organized into categories such as leadership, culture, and communication, making it easy for educators to find the resources they need.
- Executive Coaching: The Holdsworth Center provides one-on-one coaching to superintendents and other district leaders. Coaches work with these leaders to identify their strengths and areas for improvement and develop a plan to help them achieve their goals.
- Research and Evaluation: The Holdsworth Center conducts research and evaluation to assess the effectiveness of its programs and to identify ways to improve leadership development in Texas public schools. The center works with external researchers and experts to ensure that its programs are evidence-based and aligned with best practices.
- Community Engagement: The Holdsworth Center engages with communities across Texas to build support for public education and to promote the importance of effective leadership in schools. The center hosts events and forums where educators, policymakers, and community members can discuss the challenges facing public education and work together to find solutions.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to improving leadership in Texas public schools by providing high-quality professional development, coaching, and research to educators across the state.
Overall, the Holdsworth Center is a critical resource for educators in Texas. By providing high-quality leadership development and support, the organization is helping to create a positive learning environment for students across the state. Its commitment to collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement is making a real difference in the lives of Texas students, and its impact is likely to continue to grow in the years to come.
Important Information Need to Know
- Address: 4907 Ranch Rd 2222, Austin, TX 78731, United States
- Website: https://holdsworthcenter.org/
- Contact: +17379467001
- Open Hours: N/A