Jessica Hollis Park is a public park located in Austin, TX. The park is named after Senior Deputy Jessica Hollis, a Travis County Sheriff’s deputy who lost her life during the Halloween floods of 2013. The park was officially opened on October 29, 2016, in memory of Deputy Hollis and as a tribute to her service to the community.
The park covers an area of approximately 11 acres and features a range of facilities and amenities for visitors to enjoy. The park’s landscape is predominantly hilly and covered with native Texas plants, making it a beautiful and serene natural setting for a variety of outdoor activities.
One of the most notable features of the park is the large pond, which serves as a central focal point for the park’s activities. The pond is stocked with fish, making it a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts of all ages. Visitors can also rent paddle boats to explore the pond, offering a unique and enjoyable way to experience the park’s natural beauty. Recommended you read
In addition to the pond, Jessica Hollis Park also features several walking and hiking trails that wind through the park’s hills and valleys. The trails are suitable for all ages and fitness levels, making them a popular spot for casual walkers, hikers, and joggers.
For those looking for a bit more adventure, the park also features a disc golf course that winds through the park’s hills and trees. Disc golf is a popular sport that combines elements of traditional golf with frisbee throwing, and the park’s course is suitable for beginners and experienced players alike.
Other facilities at Jessica Hollis Park include picnic areas with grills, playgrounds for children, and a pavilion that can be rented for private events. The park also features a dog park, making it a great spot for dog owners to take their furry friends for a run or playtime.
The park is open daily from dawn until dusk and is free to the public. Parking is available on-site, and the park is wheelchair accessible. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own food and beverages, as there are no food vendors or concessions available at the park. Click here to read
What Activities Can You Enjoy There?
Jessica Hollis Park offers a range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Some of the most popular activities at the park include:
- Fishing: The park’s large pond is stocked with fish, making it a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts of all ages. Visitors can catch a variety of fish species, including catfish, bass, and perch.
- Paddle Boating: Visitors can rent paddle boats to explore the park’s pond. Paddle boating is a fun and unique way to experience the park’s natural beauty.
- Hiking: The park features several walking and hiking trails that wind through the park’s hills and valleys. The trails offer beautiful views of the surrounding landscape and are suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
- Disc Golf: The park features a disc golf course that winds through the park’s hills and trees. Disc golf is a popular sport that combines elements of traditional golf with frisbee throwing, and the park’s course is suitable for beginners and experienced players alike.
- Picnicking: The park has several picnic areas with grills that are perfect for a family outing or a romantic picnic for two. Visitors can enjoy a meal while taking in the beautiful scenery of the park.
- Playgrounds: The park has several playgrounds for children, making it a great spot for families with young children to enjoy a day out.
- Dog Park: The park features a dog park, making it a great spot for dog owners to take their furry friends for a run or playtime.
How To Go There?
To get to Jessica Hollis Park, located at 14100 Low Water Crossing Rd, Austin, TX 78732, United States, there are several transportation options available:
- Car: Visitors can drive to the park by taking Highway 620 to Mansfield Dam Road. Turn right onto Mansfield Dam Road and then turn left onto Low Water Crossing Road. The park entrance will be on the right-hand side.
- Public Transportation: Visitors can take the Capital Metro bus to the park. The 214 bus stops at the intersection of Mansfield Dam Road and Low Water Crossing Road, which is a short walk from the park entrance.
- Bike: The park is accessible by bike via the nearby bike trails. Visitors can bike to the park along the trails and then lock up their bikes in the designated bike racks near the park entrance.
- Ride-sharing services: Visitors can use ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft to get to the park.
Overall, the most convenient way to get to Jessica Hollis Park is by car. However, visitors who prefer to use public transportation or other means of transportation can still easily access the park.
Overall, Jessica Hollis Park is a beautiful and peaceful oasis in the heart of Austin. It is natural setting, range of facilities, and family-friendly atmosphere, make it a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. Whether you’re looking to fish, hike, play disc golf, or simply relax in the great outdoors, Jessica Hollis Park has something for everyone.
Important Information Need to Know
- Address: 14100 Low Water Crossing Rd, Austin, TX 78732, United States
- Website: http://www.lcra.org/parks/Pages/jessica-hollis-park.aspx
- Contact: +15124733366
- Open Hours: Open daily (7 am-8 pm)